January 20, 2018 Addendum: This fast filter technology can also be used to fast filter graphene from graphene processing. The filter allows fast capture of graphene which is currently used in the high-tech sector.
Fast Filter Process for Dewaxing Winterized Liquid – Portable and Modular Fast Filter System – Plug and Play
If you currently use Buchner flasks, consider a Infinity Fast Filter System for dewaxing your winterized solution for up to 10 times faster than conventional filtering.
This is the perfect compliment to your botanical extraction system, whether it be hydrocarbons, ethanol, or supercritical CO2.
The modular system includes everything you need to get started, including a vacuum pump, paper filters, and a fast filter system mounted in a cart frame with industrial casters, that can be easily moved by one person. The 1-5L system runs off of 110V and can be solar powered with an inverter for off-grid use.
The Fast Filter System allows you to process more product, in less time, saving you valuable labor and giving you access to more profits.
Features and Process:
– Different than Buchner: Fast filtering, can use variety of sorbents (paper, carbon, Zeolites, etc.). No glassware.
– Portable: Self-contained cart-based system is mounted on casters. Tilt and haul away.
– Cleaning: use ethanol to clean surfaces
– Construction: All stainless steel for filtering system.
– Maintenance: Clean surface after use. Change gaskets as desired.
– Vacuum: On-board included system.
– Certifications: FM approved (similar to UL).
– Filtrate (finished concentrate without wax): Collected in stainless collection vessel at bottom of cart. Use rotary evaporator to remove ethanol.
– Wax By-Product: Sell for cosmetics, consumer, surfboard wax, food coatings, polish, wood coating and end sealants, or making candles.
– Paper Filter: Discard after use. May use 24mm diameter filters in 5, 10, 20+ microns.
– Other Filter Media: Carbon, zeolites, and other media.
– Containment Loading Vessel: 1 Liter. Feed rate .5 to 2 Liter per minute depending on wax density.
– Collection Vessel: Up to 10 Liters
– Winterizing Solution: Ethanol to concentrate 10:1
– Scalable and Modular: Mount multiple units on our 24×48 inch footprint caster beam cart for up to 8x capacity.
– Add Capacity: Add capacity as your processing capacity grows.
Summary: Winterization (ethanol alcohol wash) is done after extraction process to remove unwanted compounds such as wax, fats, and chlorophyll. The primary advantage to winterizing is a more potent CBD (Cannabidiol). The disadvantage is that the final CBD product will contain fewer terpenes (flavor/smell). Terpenes can be purchased separately, or removed prior to extraction run on a CO2 process, and prior to winterization, and then re-added after winterization (final product blend). The Infinity Fast Filter is perfect for the winterizing liquid filter process. The self-contained cart system includes a on-board vacuum system for fast processing. Winterizing Process: 1. Ethanol 10:1 Concentrate 2. 4-24 hours of ethanol oil solution in freezer -20 to -80 C 3. Filter paper in filter, then put oil solution from freezer into filter and turn on vacuum pump. 4. 1L in under 5 minutes. 5. Remove wax from filter, and discard filter. 6. Rotavap to remove ethanol. Filter Media (Available on Amazon): Paper Filter: removes waxes Carbon Filter: removes color and other waste components. Zeolites: Experimental absorber.
For more information, please contact Infinity Supercritical