Ever wonder if the toll service who processes your trim or bud is giving you any quality product back ? It’s not an uncommon concern.
- Test Your Botanical Before Processing: Sounds pretty simple, yet few actually take the time to do this. For about $60, you can have a lab analyze your botanicals for oil content, terpenes, THC, and CBD. Even better if you have it analyzed for pesticides.
- Test The Finished Product: Before you pay for your processed oil/wax, take a small sample and have it analyzed. Make sure it’s your product. It’s not uncommon for processors to just lump all the botanicals together, which can be especially bad for botanicals that are contaminated with pesticides.
- Know The Extraction Process: Ask about what process they use for botanical extraction. If they use BHO, then you will have significant post processing to remove any heavy metals, wax, and contaminates.
- Request CO2: CO2 extraction targets the oil, not the waxes and other plant components that BHO does. While it might be a bit more expensive, the end product is better, and has a much better shelf life.
- Vertically Integrate: Instead of paying somebody else to extract your oils, do it yourself with a Infinity Supercritical 10L CO2 Extraction System, which can process 10-20 pounds per day. Then winterize your crude oil to remove wax with the Fast Filter system, and finally, do a distillation process if you want to customize your vape pen brand, or play with the percentages of THC and CBDs. A complete system can have a ROI (payback) in about a month, if you have a good customer base to buy your vape pen or oil concentrate.
Summary: Don’t trust what anybody says, just simply verify it with lab testing. If you want complete control over your processing, then do it yourself.
Cannabis Testing and Potency Services
California (here are some options – or google “Los Angeles cannabis testing”:
TEL: (442) 222- TEST
300 Carlsbad Village Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
TEL: (888) 505-7108
TEL: (866) 435-0709
TEL: (619) 356-0898
Post Processing Training For Crude Oil Concentrates to Product: